An OLED iPad Pro is the upgrade I’ve been waiting for

A 2022 Apple iPad Pro in a Magic Keyboard case on a wooden desk.
Image: Dan Seifert / The Verge

Apple started using OLED screens in the iPhone X back in 2017, and before that, in the first Apple Watch. And the Touch Bar, of course (RIP). But it’s been slow to move away from LCD elsewhere, like its iMacs, MacBooks, standalone displays, and iPads. I want OLED on all those things, but if the iPad Pro gets it first, as rumor has it, then that’s fine by me.

There’s no product where the use of an LCD panel bothers me more than my 11-inch iPad Pro. It’s got a nice-looking screen so long as I’m looking directly at it. Go a little off-axis, though, and the screen gets way dimmer. That’s true of my laptop, too, but I’m always sitting directly in front of that screen, and almost always looking at a browser window with text in it.

Contrast...

Continue reading…



source https://www.theverge.com/2023/11/12/23957715/apple-ipad-pro-oled-upgrade-next-year

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a world first, China lands a spacecraft gently on the Moon’s far side

Here are the best streaming service deals available right now

Must-play Nintendo Switch games are almost half off