Jeff Bezos wants Elon Musk to know Blue Origin is serious now

Jeff Bezos is surrounded by abstract squiggles, on a background of stars. His biceps are demurely squirreled inside a suit.
He’s not a spaceman, he’s a... business, man. | Laura Normand / The Verge

I was about halfway through Lex Fridman’s interview with Jeff Bezos, which is longer than Citizen Kane, when I realized what Bezos was up to: this is a warning shot across SpaceX’s bow. “Blue Origin needs to be much faster,” Bezos said. “It’s one of the reasons I left my role as the CEO of Amazon a couple of years ago. I wanted to come in — Blue Origin needs me right now.” The goal, he said, was to make it clear that Blue Origin, his rocket company, needed to speed things up.

Bezos also demonstrated that he understands how shade works: “When I was the CEO of Amazon, my point of view on this is, ‘If I’m the CEO of a publicly traded company, it’s going to get my full attention.’” He didn’t say “Tesla” and didn’t have to. Anyone who watches...

Continue reading…



source https://www.theverge.com/24001656/jeff-bezos-elon-musk-space-blue-origin-rivalry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a world first, China lands a spacecraft gently on the Moon’s far side

Snap suspends two anonymous messaging apps after cyberbullying lawsuit